Soaring well above the city centre, The Spot at East Village, which boasts 18 storeys and 145 suites, was built for urban dwellers with an eye for a modern aesthetic. It’s not enough to just live well. Some of us need to live large. Treat yourself to big views and big style from every unmatched unit at 221 Stradbrook Avenue. Looking down on the scenic Assiniboine and Red Rivers, ahead to The Forks, and around to Osborne Village, experience what it means to live high above the everyday standard.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSBILITIES
Private Pension Partners Realty Services (“P3 Realty Services”) is looking for a BUILDING CUSTODIAN to join the Residential team at The Spot at East Village. The Building Custodian will keep the building in clean and orderly condition as well as perform routine maintenance activities and notify P3 of any needed repairs. The Building Custodian will ultimately report to the Asset Manager, Operations, with duties aligned to the Building Manager.
RESIDENT RELATIONS & CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE RESPONSIBILITIES
- The successful candidate will have a passion for creating and maintaining a “wow” experience upon visiting The Spot at East Village;
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing and vacuuming and carpet cleaning;
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges and squeegees;
- Vacuuming and shampooing of carpets;
- Washing walls and glass within and around the building;
- Cleaning of windows within and around the building;
- Ensuring washrooms are clean, disinfected and stock with amenities;
- Ensure the amenity areas (i.e. gym, party room, lobby) are cleaned, disinfected, and refuse removed daily;
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners, and power equipment to prevent damage to floors and fixtures;
- Gather, empty and removing of all trash in compliance with waste removal systems and general recycling;
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created;
- Snow removal as required;
- Requisition of supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties; and Other cleaning tasks as may be required.
- Ability to work well under pressure, while handling repetitive tasks;
- Knowledge of the operation of cleaning tools and equipment to perform tasks (i.e. operation of vacuum clean, carpet cleaner, etc.) coupled with the ability to maneuver large machinery successfully;
- Duties performed are physically demanding and require the successful incumbent to be able to bend, turn, stoop, stand, reach high and low, and must be able to lift and carry up to 50lbs;
- Ability to use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, and to adjust actions in relation to others’ actions and work independently;
- Must have excellent oral communications skills;
- Experience with maintaining building and mechanical systems, and basic handyperson skills are strong assets;
- Prior experience as a janitorial or building custodian or equivalent of 1 year or more;
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Flexible schedule, with the ability to work evenings, weekdays, weekends, holidays and on-call for emergencies.
This job description is not exhaustive of the responsibilities of this position. Additional duties can be included in the scope of this description as deemed necessary.