Soaring well above the city centre, The Spot at East Village, which boasts 18 storeys and 145 suites, was built for urban dwellers with an eye for a modern aesthetic. It’s not enough to just live well. Some of us need to live large. Treat yourself to big views and big style from every unmatched unit at 221 Stradbrook Avenue. Looking down on the scenic Assiniboine and Red Rivers, ahead to The Forks, and around to Osborne Village, experience what it means to live high above the everyday standard.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSBILITIES
Private Pension Partners Realty Services (“P3 Realty Services”) is looking for a BUILDING MANAGER to join the Residential team at The Spot at East Village. The Building Manager has the ability to elevate the guest/resident experience as well as ensure daily tasks are addressed at The Spot at East Village. You will be representing the face of The Spot at East Village as well as P3 Realty Services and as such, are able to present yourself in a professional and positive manor further enriching the resident relationships. The Building Manager will ultimately report to the Asset Manager, Operations, with duties aligned to the Senior Asset Manager, Leasing during the lease up period, and then to the Asset Manager, Operations thereafter.
RESIDENT RELATIONS & CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE RESPONSIBILITIES
- The successful candidate will have a passion for creating and maintaining excellent relationships with tenants and contractors, while addressing all complaints and concerns quickly, efficiently and in a professional manner;
- As a front-line representative for our Residential Property Management team, the person we are looking for will ensure the building is safe and secure, is well maintained, visually, mechanically and operationally, and will ensure the day to day cleaning tasks have been performed accordingly to ensure the health and comfort of our tenants;
- Propose and Facilitate cost-effective resident experience enhancements. Direct and execute approved plans and programs for The Spot in accordance with P3 directives;
- Conduct touch point surveys with tenants to determine potential opportunities for improvement;
- Establish a comprehensive knowledge of The Spot including availability of suite types and layouts, common areas and amenities of the building and value-added services provided in order to appropriately lease available units
- Collect and deposit rents and security deposits;
- Schedule and supervise tenant move in / move out activities, perform regular suite inspections, maintain records of suite repairs, and ensure vacant suites are ready for new tenants;
- Report on disputes, requests, acknowledgements, and inquiries on a regular basis to P3;
- Inspect all common building areas and identify required maintenance (i.e. mechanical, security, garbage/recycling,
landscaping, etc.) and communicate your findings to P3 accordingly; and
- Teamwork and collaboration are two very important values that guide our company culture, and we take pride in working together to create innovative ways to connect with our clients.
- Experience with interacting with people in a confident manner with excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written, and the ability to form positive relationships with others. Furthermore, the qualified candidate is comfortable corresponding in writing to various levels of management within P3 to ensure appropriate staff are up-to-date with building operations;
- You are able to meet the physical demands of the job (i.e. lift up to 50 pounds, use standard cleaning equipment when necessary, climb a ladder, etc.);
- Strong organization, planning and diplomacy skills to prioritize tasks, interact with trades, handle conflict and exercise sound judgement;
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint an asset. Familiarity with social media website functionality required;
- Able to work flexible hours, including weekends and on-call for emergencies;
- Experience with maintaining building and mechanical systems, and basic handyperson skills are strong assets;
- Experience supervising on-site workers;
- Knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act is an asset; and
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a building manager is ideal.
Flexible schedule, with the ability to work evenings, weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
$40,000 – $50,000 per year, dependent on qualifications.