JOB DESCRIPTION: ACCOUNTANT
Location: 301-99 Osborne Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Compensation: Compensation commensurate with experience and will include base salary, employee incentive bonus plan, benefits package.
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer (the “CFO”) and Controller
Purpose of Position
As P3’s Accountant, you will assist the Controller and CFO with the day-to-day accounting, treasury, and financial analysis needs of P3 funds and our related group of companies. You will be primarily responsible for entering all monthly property and corporate journal entries, monthly invoicing, writing cheques as needed, and collecting receivables as needed. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting with a professional designation considered a strong asset.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Performing financial record-keeping functions;
- Preparing monthly journal entries and related financial reports including cash flow, budgets and variance analysis for P3 properties, companies, and limited partnerships;
- Assist in preparing financial statements and notes for Investors;
- Generating invoices and collecting related receivables at both property and operational levels;
- Monthly bank reconciliations for all companies; and
- Prepare GST returns;
- Strong accounting skills with attention to detail;
- Strong communication skills, in written, verbal, report writing, presentations, and meeting facilitation;
- Strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on quality control, communication, and leadership;
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, QuickBooks);
- Working knowledge of Yardi Voyager considered an asset;
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at any time;
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting;
- 5 years of accounting experience; and
- Real estate experience is preferred but not required.
About Private Pension Partners Inc.
Private Pension Partners Inc. is a Winnipeg based real asset manager that provides customized asset management, real estate development and advisory services for Canadian commercial and multi-residential real estate investors. For a complete overview of our team, our projects, and our funds please visit www.privatepensionpartners.com.
Applications, including a resume and cover letter, may be submitted in confidence to Louise Pitre, Executive Assistant, Private Pension Partners Inc. by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted.