JOB DESCRIPTION: ASSET MANAGER
Location: 301-99 Osborne Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Compensation: Compensation commensurate with experience and will include base salary, employee incentive bonus plan, benefits package
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Purpose of Position:
The role of P3’s Asset Manager will be to support the asset and portfolio management platforms of all exiting P3 limited partnership real estate funds by ensuring that costs, operating results, and maintenance standards for the assets are met with a focus on adding value to the properties that enrich the lives of our tenants and bring lasting value to our investors. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter who is capable and confident in overseeing multiple commercial and multi-family properties in a simultaneous manner. The successful candidate must be able to make efficient knowledge backed decisions and must be capable of interacting in a professional manner as this role requires meaningful interactions with Property Managers, P3’s head office, and brand relevance functions. Previous experience in commercial asset management or commercial property management will be considered an asset.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Preparation of monthly asset management reports for all existing properties in P3’s portfolio;
- Monitoring the financial results of each asset including detailed review of monthly financial statements;
- Monitoring the investment returns of each stabilized asset through the analysis of property efficiencies and identifying opportunities for improved performance;
- Supporting the investment team during acquisitions, dispositions, and development, and participating in the due diligence process as required from a real estate opportunity perspective;
- Working with third-party property managers and leasing agents in the development of annual operating budgets including capital investment and operational programs and the day to day execution and oversight of same;
- Working with third-party property managers and leasing agents on new tenant ideas, tenant renewals and marketing strategies;
- Undertaking monthly site tours and detailed annual physical property site inspections for all properties in the P3 portfolio; and
- Development and execution of property specific asset management plans for the P3 portfolio.
- 3+ years of experience in the commercial real estate industry as an asset manager, salesperson, or commercial property manager will be considered an invaluable asset;
- A strong interest in commercial and multi-family real estate;
- Exceptional attention to detail and a proven ability to think logically and problem solve effectively;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Ability to bring forward new growth and improvement ideas in an entrepreneurial company and a flexible work environment;
- Independent self-starter comfortable working in a fast-paced environment; and
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at any time.
About Private Pension Partners
Private Pension Partners is a Winnipeg based real asset manager that provides customized asset management, real estate development and advisory services for Canadian commercial and multi-family real estate investors. A complete overview of our team, our projects, and our funds, can be viewed on our website at www.privatepensionpartners.com.
Applications, including a resume and cover letter, may be submitted in confidence to Louise Pitre, Executive Assistant, Private Pension Partners by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted.