JOB DESCRIPTION – PROJECT COORDINATOR, REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT
Location: 301-99 Osborne Street, Winnipeg, MB
Compensation: Compensation commensurate with experience and will include base salary, employee incentive bonus plan, benefits package.
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer (the “COO”)
Purpose of Position
The role of the Project Coordinator will be to provide management assistance and coordination leadership on a wide variety of P3’s large scale development and re-development projects covering the full spectrum from initial land acquisition, project design, zoning, and permit approvals, to actual monitoring of construction and/or renovation. The Project Coordinator must be a self-starter who is capable and confident in handling multiple projects in a simultaneous manner. The successful candidate must also be able to make efficient knowledge backed decisions and must be capable of interacting in a professional manner as this role requires meaningful interaction at P3’s head office, development sites, and brand relevance functions. Experience, education, and desire to provide leadership and grow in a fast-paced environment will be considered accordingly.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Project planning, feasibility, analysis, monitoring, and reporting for the P3 group of companies on current development projects;
- Liaise with the City of Winnipeg and other governmental officials, which will include organizing and attending meetings as required to resolve or advance outstanding matters. Attention to detail and follow through to ensure that appropriate actions on pending matters are resolved or acted upon will be required;
- Ensuring that all plans and required submittals are processed with the appropriate consultants, legal, and governmental bodies;
- Coordinate, schedule, and attend architectural and design meetings and follow through to ensure required actions are undertaken so projects remain on-time and on-budget;
- Responsible for the coordination of land surveys, easements, and caveats working with surveyors, engineers etc. to ensure required entitlement work is completed;
- Assist in the interviewing and selection of third party consultants and contractors;
- Coordinate environmental reviews and remediation efforts (where required) on various P3 development projects;
- Monitor and coordinate work efforts of all projects consultants and sub trades including architects, engineers, and builders to ensure they adhere to their scope of work, project budgets, schedules, and P3’s broader development guidelines;
- Coordinate draw submissions with P3’s finance team and to ensure project costs are tracking in accordance with budgets;
- Monitoring construction activity schedule by visiting project sites as appropriate;
- Prepare written monthly reports regarding status of each development including stage of construction, cost variances, unresolved items and other project related data or information including photographs or areas of opportunity; and
- Maintain all project records per P3’s office record keeping system.
- Post-secondary education in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or Business;
- Experience in real estate development and construction;
- Strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on quality control, communication, and leadership;
- Knowledge of different construction methods, sequencing, problem solving, and timelines;
- Strong analytical, research and report writing skills are required;
- A strong long-term career interest in commercial and multi-residential real estate;
- Ability to be flexible and independent within a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Ability to bring forward new ideas that foster efficiency, quality, and longevity;
- Solid Understanding of environmental remediation procedures and permit application process; and
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at any time.
About Private Pension Partners Inc.
Private Pension Partners Inc. is a Winnipeg based real asset manager that provides customized portfolio management, asset management, real estate development and advisory services for Canadian commercial and multi-residential real estate investors. For a complete overview of our team, our projects, and our funds please visit www.privatepensionpartners.com.
Applications, including a resume and cover letter, may be submitted in confidence to Louise Pitre, Executive Assistant, Private Pension Partners by email to email@example.com. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted.